Benefits of Tree Care
Learn About the Needs of Trees
Well-cared-for trees are attractive and can add considerable value to your property. Proper tree care is an investment that can lead to substantial returns. Poorly maintained trees can be a significant liability. Pruning or removing trees, especially large trees, can be dangerous work. Tree work should be done only by those trained and equipped to work safely in trees while keeping them and their surroundings healthy.
Why Perform Tree Pruning?
Pruning is a necessity on all trees and shrubs no matter what size they are. Mature trees require pruning to eliminate dead and dying branches. This promotes health and safety for the tree and community. It is documented that tree pruning reduces wind resistance during storms. With less resistance this causes less storm damage to your property. Beneficial pruning will:
- Eliminate branches that rub each other.
- Remove limbs that interfere with wires, building facades, gutters, roofs, chimneys, windows or obstruct streets or sidewalks.
- Remove dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard and may lead to decay in the tree if not removed.
- Remove diseased or insect infested limbs.
- Create better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage.
- Remove limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions.
- Thin or remove unnecessary branches for the tree to support.
- Improve the shape or silhouette of the tree.
Why Remove a Tree?
Although tree removal is certainly a last resort, but removal can help and is recommended when:
- The tree canopy is more than 40% dead or dying.
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous.
- The tree is crowding and causing harm to other trees.
- The tree is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen.
- The tree is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning.
- The tree should be removed to allow for new construction.
The removal of trees, when needed, can also open up opportunities to plant something new and appropriate for your growing environment – giving your landscape increased value and/or health.
Why Stump Grinding?
When, unfortunately, a tree has to be cut down their roots continue to grow and produce new growth. To start the decaying process of the root system it is important to grind tree stumps. According to National Arborists, failing to grind away tree stumps can result in other trees becoming infected. Fungi can infect tree stumps that have been left after a tree has been cut down. This can lead to fungi spores being released into the soil and then spread to your healthy trees. This in turn causes your healthy trees to be infected and further damage occurs. Contact Charter Oaks if you see any signs of an unhealthy tree. Tree stumps can also be an eyesore and safety hazard on your property. They can create trip hazards and make lawn care a more difficult task. The professionals at Charter Oaks have the expertise and equipment to grind any size tree stump with minimal damage to your property.